2019 Community Outreach Tickets to Jazz Fest – Applications Now Available
The New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Foundation‘s Community Outreach Tickets program engages social service organizations to distribute thousands of free Jazz Fest tickets to those who can’t afford them. Find out how to apply below. The deadline is March 8.
COMMUNITY OUTREACH TICKETS
Applications Now Available for 2019 Jazz Fest
The New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Foundation supports community involvement in the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival presented by Shell by distributing thousands of free tickets to the world–famous festival of local music and culture.
As it has for many years, the Foundation’s Community Outreach Tickets program makes free Jazz Fest tickets available to those who otherwise could not afford to attend.
Tickets are made available according to strict guidelines. Read the full guidelines here.
Once you have read the guidelines, please use the online application form here. Only one application per organization will be accepted.
Tickets are distributed through nonprofit social service organizations that provide direct, ongoing services to low-income residents of Louisiana. These may include educational, religious, government and community agencies – but only those that provide direct, ongoing services to low-income clients.
Community Outreach tickets may not be sold, used for fund–raising or given as gifts or incentives to current or former employees, board members, volunteers, business clients and the like. Commercial enterprises and individuals are not eligible to apply. Only applications that adhere to our guidelines will be considered.
• Nonprofit social service organizations within the state of Louisiana that provide direct, ongoing social services to low-income residents of Louisiana; must provide proof of federal 501(c)(3) or Louisiana nonprofit status; 501(c)(4) social welfare organizations are not eligible.
• Religious organizations (with proof of nonprofit status) that provide direct, ongoing social services to low-income residents of Louisiana.
• Public and non-profit private schools offering grades 9-12 (with proof of nonprofit status and letter signed by the head of school).
• Government agencies that provide direct services to low-income residents (with letter on official stationery).
Note: Only organizations in Louisiana are eligible to apply.
New This Year:
• Only agencies that provide direct, ongoing social services to low-income Louisiana residents may apply.
• Only organizations whose nonprofit status is current and in good standing may apply.
• High schools may apply for tickets to give to students as rewards for good grades or outstanding behavior.
• Offices of elected officials and their staff members.
• Fraternal organizations or other social/benevolent groups that do not provide direct, ongoing social services to low-income individuals.
• Business development organizations or associations.
• Nonprofits that only provide arts or other educational programming and do not provide direct, ongoing social services to low-income individuals.
• Booster clubs or fundraising arms of nonprofit organizations.
• Organizations that charge clients a fee or tuition for services.
Only one application per organization will be accepted.
High schools may apply for Community Outreach Tickets to be used by students as rewards for good grades or outstanding behavior. Schools for fourth through eighth graders can apply to attend Jazz Fest through a separate program, School Day at the Fest. For information, please call (504) 410-4100 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
GUIDELINES and APPLICATION
For details on how to apply for Community Outreach Tickets, please read our guidelineshere.
Then please complete our new online application form by using this link.
Those not able to access the online application form may use an applicaiton form that is availabe from the Jazz & Heritage Foundation office.
The deadline for applications is Friday, March 8.
For more information, please contact the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Foundation by calling (504) 558-6103 or by sending us an e-mail here.
The New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Foundation is the nonprofit that owns the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival presented by Shell. The Foundation uses the proceeds from Jazz Fest, and other raised funds, for year-round programs in education, economic development and cultural enrichment.
For more on what we do, visit us online at www.jazzandheritage.org. To support the Foundation’s programs with a tax-deductible contribution, see here. Thank you.
Would you like these programs and events to continue?
Support the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Foundation.
Manage your Jazz & Heritage E-mail Subscriptions
This email was sent to email@example.com. You are receiving this because you signed up at The New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival and Foundation, or at one of our programs.
Manage your Preferences and easily subscribe or unsubscribe from any of the following: Jazz & Heritage Newsletter, Upcoming Events, Announcements, Talent Exchange.
The New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival and Foundation, Inc.
1205 N. Rampart St. New Orleans LA 70116 • Phone 504.558.6100