My colleague at Baptist Community Ministries (BCM), Charmel Gaulden, is exploring what Public Safety means to the communities that BCM serves. As a result, community members in Jefferson, Orleans, St. Bernard, Plaquemines, and St. Tammany are being asked a targeted set of questions about Public Safety during the summer of 2017.
You are invited to participate in a short survey about Public Safety; it should take about 10 minutes. If more than one situation applies, please complete all relevant surveys. For example, if you are an attorney who lives in St. Bernard Parish, then you may select and complete both the second and third surveys. Please select the appropriate survey:
- If you work in a nonprofit in Orleans, Jefferson, St. Tammany, St Bernard or Plaquemines Parish, click here.
- If you work for a public safety agency (police, court system, corrections, emergency response, etc.) in Orleans, Jefferson, St. Tammany, St Bernard or Plaquemines Parish, click here.
- If you live in Orleans, Jefferson, St. Tammany, St. Bernard or Plaquemines Parish, click here.
Feel free to forward this email to others who would be interested and eligible to complete the surveys. These surveys will be used to educate Baptist Community Ministries staff members and grant committee members about your community’s public safety needs. In addition, attached is a flyer providing more information about the Community Visioning Process.
About Baptist Community Ministries
Baptist Community Ministries was founded 22 years ago to make social investments in local nonprofits to improve the health of our community. The foundation operates in St. Tammany, Orleans, Jefferson, St. Bernard, and Plaquemines parishes. Baptist Community Ministries is committed to the development of a healthy community offering a wholesome quality of life to its residents and to improving the physical, mental and spiritual health of the individuals we serve.
In response to the love of God revealed in Jesus Christ and in keeping with our Baptist heritage, BCM invests its human capital and financial resources in the five-parish greater New Orleans region. BCM uses the ways and means set forth below towards achieving its Vision:
- Philanthropy – identify ideas and partner organizations that address critical community needs in the areas of Health, Education, Public Safety and Governmental Oversight; support these ideas and partner organizations with financial grants and expert consultation
- Chaplaincy Services – identify partner organizations that will benefit by offering pastoral care services to their staff and the individuals they serve; deploy professionally trained chaplains to provide pastoral care in these organizations
- Congregational Wellness – identify partner congregations that will benefit by offering wellness ministries to their faith communities; train volunteer registered nurses and lay health advocates to establish and maintain these wellness ministries
Baptist Community Ministries is a faith-based Christian organization that:
- Shows unconditional acceptance and compassion to those we serve
- Has reverence for the dignity of each person and the cultural diversity of the community
- Demands responsible stewardship of its charitable assets
- Commits to being accountable to the community
If you’d like to learn more about BCM or their investments in Public Safety, visit www.bcm.org/grants. If you have any questions, please contact Charmel Gaulden at email@example.com. Feel free to forward this email to your friends and colleagues.