I hope this email finds everyone well. I am writing to personally invite you all to be part of this year’s Neighborhood Summit on Saturday, December 2, 2017. Please see attached flyer for more information.
I know some of you have already registered. I am asking that you please share and extend this invitation with all of your contacts.
The theme of this year’s summit is Celebrating 300 years of Resilient Neighborhoods: Laying a Strong Foundation for the Future.
Attendees can choose to participate in a variety of skill building workshops and panel discussions on public safety, affordable housing, building a more resilient New Orleans as well as working strategically with government. The Summit will also feature a resource fair that includes city agencies, local non-profits and community groups. Breakfast and lunch will be provided.
Registration is open at: www.nola.gov/summit or call 504-658-4980. I know some of you have already registered. I am asking that you please continue to share and extend this invitation with all of your contacts.
The Summit is being held in partnership with J.P. Chase Morgan, NOLA for Life, National Wildlife Federation, Center for Sustainable Engagement & Development (CSED), and Greater New Orleans Housing Alliance (GNOHA).
Neighborhood Summit (Saturday, December 2, 2017)
Over the past six years, Neighborhood Engagement has produced the Neighborhood Summit, our one-day professional development conference for residents. The annual event brings neighborhood leaders and City agencies together to share information, develop new skills, and strengthen their relationships. This day-long event promotes meaningful partnership between residents and local government, partnerships that when supported have the power to weaken entrenched cynicism and disengagement, providing a different paradigm for the public working with government. The Summit also serves as the year-end event, celebrating the work and initiatives of the Neighborhood Engagement Office and our partners. This year’s theme Celebrating 300 years of Resilient Neighborhoods: Laying a Strong Foundation for the Future is centered on celebrating the impact and investment that neighborhood leaders have contributed to build a more resilient city. As we approach the City’s 300 anniversary, we want to acknowledge how far our neighborhoods have come and focus strengthening resident’s capacity to build a stronger more resilient city.
Please REGISTER TODAY if you have not done so yet.
See you all then!!!
Lisbeth L. Pedroso
Neighborhood Liaison | District C – West Bank
Mayor’s Neighborhood Engagement Office | City of New Orleans
1300 Perdido Street | Suite 8E15 | New Orleans, LA 70112
How did your neighborhood begin? Who are your neighbors? What makes your neighborhood unique? What makes your neighborhood/community special? What does your neighborhood mean to New Orleans? Tell the story of your neighborhood (association) in pictures.
All associations wanting to participate in the photo contest must register for the contest here.
Photo submissions must:
- include youth and seniors
- include a community/neighborhood activity
- include pre/post Katrina photos
- highlight key projects, landmarks within the neighborhood, favorite things/places (scenery, favorite neighborhood spot, church/school, etc.)
- not be stock photos, photo-shopped, or have filters or borders
Rules and Eligibility:
- Contest begins Tuesday, November 7, 2017. All submissions must be uploaded and submitted by midnight Saturday, November 18, 2017.
- Contest open to all neighborhood associations in Orleans Parish.
- No fee to enter.
- Must have at least 5 residents from neighborhood association register to attend Summit to be considered.
- An association may only enter the contest once. Multiple submissions will be disqualified.
- Can submit up to 10 photos.
- Photo submissions must be original as NEO will have permission to print and display photos at the Neighborhood Summit.
- Winners will be selected by contest committee and will be announced and displayed at the 2017 Neighborhood Summit.
- One association per council district will win.
- Prizes: $100 gift card
Questions? Call (504) 658-4980.