Position Title: Care Coordinator
Reports to: QI Director
Shift:M-F 8:30am – 4:30pm
Individual will provide support for community members, patients, staff and clinic in order to most effectively provide patient care. This position works closely with the QI Director, physician, staff and community members in coordinating chronic disease and preventative care for members, provide social services and interpreting.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Higher education desirable.
- Ability to use various standardized word processing and spreadsheet software required; working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access software preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a culturally diverse, patient-centered, holistic atmosphere.
- Ability to travel to and work at different sites as needed.
- Familiar with operation of electronic office machines (phones, copier, fax, scanner)
- Knowledge of HMO, PPO and Governmental payer policies and guidelines preferred.
- Vietnamese or Spanish speaking preferred.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND PERFORMANCE STANDARDS
- Competently establishes and manages database registry for chronic disease care.
- Coordinates Patient Education materials with staff and clinicians; and insures appropriate flow of materials within clinic.
- Assists clinicians in education and clinical management to patients/families regarding diagnosis of disease management, including medical nutrition therapy for diseases.
- Works closely with Quality Improvement Directors preforming audits, coordinating research efforts, quality of care improvements and benchmarking.
- Responsible for coordinating group visits and working with clinic staff.
- Perform other tasks as required.
- Establishes and manages database registry for chronic disease and preventative care, particularly for cancer screenings and prevention; collaborates with clinicians and staff in patient care visits using knowledge for basic guidelines.
- Assists clinician for coordination of Patient Education material with staff and clinicians; and ensures appropriate flow of materials within clinic;
- Responsible for education and clinical management of patient/families regarding the importance and methods of cancer screening;
- Works closely with Quality Improvement team to perform audits, coordinate research efforts, quality of care improvements and benchmarking;
- Responsible for coordinating Disease Specific Group Visits, working closely with physician, utilizing nursing knowledge and skills, completing required charting and documentation.
- Uses time efficiently by evaluating and prioritizing tasks, calendaring workload to ensure ample time for completion in a timely manner. Prioritizing to adapt to changing situation and to accomplish the most essential activities according to health center needs. Assisting others as needed.
- Other: See attachment with regards to Care Coordination “Specific Duties.”
Provide language services to non-English speaking patients to help them communicate with doctors, nurse practitioners, medical office assistants and other clinic staff
Provide community members, clients, and patients with social services such as Medicare, Medicaid, ACA, SNAP enrollment and other services that may benefit the community.
Additional tasks as needed:
- Cross trains with other support staff to assist as needed as relating to clinic efficiency.
- Cross train across NOELA CHC sites as appropriate.
- Exhibits a willingness to learn new tasks.
- Complete programs or projects as relevant to personal academic needs in relation to clinic mission statement.
Positions Directly Supervised:None
Is this position at risk of exposure to bloodborne pathogens?Yes
Is this position at risk of exposure to Tuberculosis? Yes
Employee provides services associated to NOELA Community Health Center, its participating physicians and clinicians, which is a covered entity under the HIPAA rule. In the scope of performing functions, including but not limited to management, administrative, financial, legal and operational support services, I may have access to Protected Health Information (PHI), which is information, whether oral, written, electronic, visual, pictorial, physical, or any other form, that relates to an individual’s past, present or future physical or mental health status, condition, treatment, service, products purchased, or provision of health care and which reveals the identity of the individual, whose health care is the subject of the information, or where there is reasonable basis to believe such information could be utilized to reveal the identity of that individual.
In signing below, I certify that this job description is an accurate representation of the responsibilities of this position.