Louisiana Language Access Coalition (LLAC) is currently working with Louisana Appleseed and the Anne E. Casey Foundation on research and education to inform the non-English speaking community regarding practices and issues around predatory lending companies, as well as court fees and fines. These companies provide payday loans, title loans, and short-term lending products that prey on vulnerable community members who are in financial need, only to create a a cycle of poverty.
As part of our work, a short anonymous survey will help us to gain a better understanding of how these practices are affecting our community directly. The survey is available in English and Spanish. Please take a moment to fill the survey, and circulate it among your contacts.
Thank you in advance for your support.
~Daesy and Karla
Daesy Behrhorst, LLAC Co-Chair
Karla Sikaffy duPlantier, LLAC Co-Chair
The Louisiana Language Access Coalition promotes full and meaningful participation in public life, without barriers based on language, for all people.
Float Member Service Representative
The Float Member Service Representative is responsible for a wide variety of teller, administrative and clerical duties. Duties include a high level of external and internal public contact and management of varied records and file systems. Confidentiality is involved, and sensitive situations may be handled. This position is located at the O.C. Haley branch, however this person will be required to work in the various locations throughout the New Orleans area where volume and customer traffic warrants the presence of a MSR.
Essential Duties and Functions
- Establish and maintain member accounts
- Prepare and process teller transactions efficiently and effectively
- Adhere to established cash handling and balancing procedures
- Prepare corporate deposits daily
- Perform a variety of administrative duties including but not limited to answering telephones, typing and filing
- Provide excellent customer service
- Adhere to all branch procedures
- Travel to various HOPE locations to work as needed
- Ability to handle monetary instruments and make transactions accurately
- Working knowledge of word processor, spreadsheet, other PC applications, or mainframe applications to produce non-standard, creative products
- Ability to read and interpret documents, write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers and employees of the organization
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, percent, and interpret data
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, business concentration preferred
- Three plus years of experience in banking/finance in areas related to job requirements
- Cash handling and customer service experience
- Fluency in Spanish and English required
HOPE offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
Visit www.hopecu.orgto learn more about our organization.
Hope is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
REMINDER REMINDER REMINDER
Please see the attached flyer for – Pro Bono Clinic schedule at
the C. O. K. Hispanic Resource Center on July 21, 2018 from 10:00AM – 12:00 noon
As always we thank you in advance for your assistance in promoting these services to the public
Rebeca L. Hasbún
City of Kenner, Department of Community Development
Hispanic Resource Center
4312 Florida Avenue
Kenner, Louisiana 70065
Telephone: (504) 469-2570
FAX Number: (504) 469-2572
CITY OF KENNER
PUBLIC INFORMATION NOTICE
This electronic communication is intended only for the recipient(s) specified by the sender. Unless you are a specified recipient or you are authorized to act for that person, please be advised that your reading, distributing, printing, or copying this communication is hereby prohibited, and doing so may violate the legal rights of others. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the City of Kenner by e-mail at email@example.com and delete this e-mail. If this communication was printed, please destroy all printed copies. Please be aware this e-mail and any replies to it may be PUBLIC RECORDS subject to disclosure. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.
Just a quick reminder that nominations for the 2018 Bryan Bell Metropolitan Leadership Forum close in one week. Developing new leadership is more critical than ever, and the BBMLF is simply one of the very best programs in our region. So please take a moment to think who among your staff, colleagues, friends and contacts has the potential to be a star! Then send them this online nomination form and we’ll do the rest.
Thanks so much,
Keith G.C. Twitchell, President
Committee for a Better New Orleans
CBNO works to create equity and opportunity for all New Orleanians by developing community leaders, fostering civic engagement, and advocating for open, effective, accountable government. Our vision is a New Orleans where everyone has a voice and every voice is heard.