We have exciting news for the Gulf South! Thanks to a generous grant from the Nathan Cummings Foundation, the Gulf Coast Center for Law & Policy (GCCLP) is proud to announce the Gulf Guardian Fellowship program!
This 18 month fellowship program aims to support various approaches to building social and ecological equity in the Gulf South by honoring community members working to address the long-term impacts of inequality OR climate change. Fellows working to address either inequality or climate change in the Gulf South will receive a $40,000 stipend and attend three (3) retreats. The retreats are designed to create space for collective learning, strategy space for long-term coordinated work and infrastructure building for the Gulf South region. GCCLP will host and administer the Gulf Guardian Fellowship as part of its long-term Ecological Equity Campaign. Our campaign acknowledges that various social justice issues intersect with climate change- thus impacting our broader ecology. We hope to support those working on justice issues in various sectors.
More about Gulf Guardian Fellowship Program:
· 10 Gulf Guardian Fellowship Fellows will be selected based on projects or ideas that address social inequality OR climate change in the Gulf South.
· Gulf Guardian Fellows receive a $40,000 award.
· Gulf Guardian Fellowship spans 18 months. Starts Oct.1, 2014
· Gulf Guardian Fellows will be residents of the Gulf Coast (TX, LA, MS, AL, FL).
· Gulf Guardian Fellows can work at an organization or independently toward promoting social solutions. The projected associated the fellowship application can be on an existing project/program, new project or Coalition/alliance/congregation effort.
· Gulf Guardian Fellows will come from a cross section of sectors, including (but not limited to): academia, sciences, legal services, advocacy, community organizing, union organizing, social entrepreneurship, business, faith-based and arts and culture.
· Fellows must attend 3 retreats (2 in the Gulf Coast; 1 outside the US 48) during each fellowship cycle. The retreats in the Gulf Coast region will happen over a weekend. The retreat outside the region will span 5 days including travel. All expenses associated with the retreats are covered by the program.
Please help spread the word to your membership, allies and friends. We’ve made the process simple and our hope is to reach a wide variety of folks.
The deadline to submit the application is Friday, August 8, 2014 @ 11:59PM (CDT). Folks can find out more about the program and complete the on-line application at www.gcclp.org